ELLN Digital evaluation report and more out now
Read and download the evaluation report [...]
Latest DL4D Publications Available
NOW AVAILABLE – Read and download the latest DL4D publications: […]
DL4D and the TPD@Scale Coalition for the Global South launch study on “Using technology to accelerate teacher professional development towards achieving SDG 4”
Digital Learning for Development (DL4D) and [...]
The first phase of Digital Learning for Development (DL4D), from 2015 to 2018, is part of the Information Networks in Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa (INASSA) program funded jointly by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) of Canada and the Department for International Development (DFID) of the United Kingdom, and administered by the Foundation for Information Technology Education and Development (FIT-ED) of the Philippines.
DL4D Phase I aims to improve educational systems in developing countries in Asia through testing digital learning innovations and scaling proven ones.
The second phase of Digital Learning for Development (DL4D), which will begin in mid-2018 thru 2021, will focus on teacher professional development at scale (TPD@Scale). There is currently a “massive teacher shortage” around the world that acts as a critical bottleneck to achieving Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4–to ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning. TPD@Scale takes advantage of the affordances of digital technologies, informed by the principles of effective TPD, to address the tensions between equity, quality, and efficiency, and it has the potential to revolutionize professional development in the Global South.
Funding for Phase II will be provided by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) of Canada and will be administered by the Foundation for Information Technology Education and Development (FIT-ED) of the Philippines.
- Policy Brief: The Digital Multiplier Model for Teacher Professional Development at Scale Justin Modesto
- Digital Game-Based Learning for the Global South Justin Modesto
- Routledge International Handbook of Schools and Schooling in Asia Justin Modesto
- Learning at Scale for the Global South Justin Modesto
- MOOCs as an Alternative for Teacher Professional Development: Examining Learner Persistence in One Chinese MOOC Liezl Dunuan
- An Evaluation of the Integration of M-learning in Total Reading Approach for Children Plus (TRAC+): Enhancing Literacy of Early Grade Students in Cambodia Liezl Dunuan
- Guide to Developing Digital Games for Early Grade Literacy for Developing Countries Justin Modesto
- EduApp4Syria: Antura and the Letters and Feed the Monster Impact and Technical Evaluations Justin Modesto